CARBON MONOXIDE TESTING

Propane heater

Carbon Monoxide:

Carbon monoxide (CO) is odorless gas. It can cause headaches at low concentrations but can be deadly at higher concentrations. CO has a high affinity to hemoglobin found in red blood cells, and can easily displace oxygen thus depriving organs from oxygen delivery causing organ damage or death. CO detectors can be used for protection. At low concentration, CO can cause fatigue and drowsiness, shortness of breath, and chest pain. The symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure can be mistaken for the flu. At high concentration the symptoms may include irritability, increased respiration, headaches, nausea, impaired vision, lack of coordination, confusion, and impaired judgment. Coma and death can result from prolonged exposure to high concentrations. The solution for problems related to combustion is to provide adequate ventilation with fresh air, shutting off the source and ultimately, removal of the source. Exposure to high concentration of CO requires immediate medical attention. Treatment may require supplemental oxygen or exposure to pressurized oxygen in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. Smoking cigarettes can also give a person a spike of high level of CO in the blood. Make sure appliances are serviced regularly and in good working condition.

Carbon Monoxide CO is a toxic colorless and odorless gas. This dangerous gas greatly affects indoor air quality! The most common sources come from cigarette smoke, heaters that use gas, loading docks, defective gas appliances, defective central heat, and exhaust from engines. Exposure to carbon monoxide can lead to nausea, unconsciousness, and death.

IAQ Environmental tests homes for this gas. Our meters are calibrated and designed to detect dangerous levels CO in the air.

Call Now